Did you know the average person gains between 7-10 pounds during the holidays? In order to make sure that doesn’t happen to you, we decided to put together a fun, 6 week fitness challenge to help you stay on track throughout the upcoming holidays!
How does it work?
- The contest is 100% FREE. There is no commitment or expectation to join. Our goal is to help people survive this holiday season!
- You can begin collecting points as early as November 24th and the last day to participate is January 4th.
- Prizes will be awarded based on points collected. We will have random drawings each week to reward those for their hard work and some larger prizes at the end of the contest!
- You keep track of your points on your activity log sheet each week (we have these at the gym and yes this is the honor system).
- Weigh in once a week.
- Find an accountability partner. This partner does not have to participate in the contest; share your progress and weekly goals with this individual.
How do you earn points?
- 50 points for every pound you lose (calculated at the end of challenge)
- 10 points for every Semi-Private training session
- 10 points for every Total Body class
- 5 points for every Restore or Metabolic class
- 5 points for every week you weigh in
- 3 points for every 30 minutes of exercise you do outside of Blue Ocean Fitness
- 3 points for every day that you keep a food journal
- 1 point for every food item that you bring in for our Circle of Concern food drive
- 75 points for every friend/family member you refer that signs up for any level of membership
- 25 points for donating to our Coat-A-Kid Charity Boot Camp on December 6th
- 25 points for participating in any organized running event that is at least a 5k
- 25 points for every online review you write on Google, Yelp and Facebook
- 5 points for every time you check in to Blue Ocean Fitness on Facebook (maximum once per day)
The goal of this challenge is to provide you with a fun and rewarding way to make sure you keep moving forward during this often challenging time of year when it is easy to lose focus on your fitness goals.
Feel free to invite friends outside of Blue Ocean Fitness to participate with you. The more the merrier! We have found that clients are most successful when they surround themselves with others who have similar goals in mind.